GreeneWX is happy to launch our team membership program – giving people (like you) with weather knowledge a platform to provide breaking weather updates, coverage, and day-to-day weather forecast.
Are you interested in becoming a GreeneWX Team Member? Then continue reading!
We (GreeneWX) are focused on providing fast, reliable, and dedicated weather information to the 42 counties, 3 states, and 2 markets we cover. We cover it all from winter weather, severe weather, and even current conditions – with the backbone of professionalism, accuracy, and dependability.
Why do we need a team?
I (Josh – the owner) work a full-time job and attend family gatherings and much more. While trying to grow a dependable brand like some other local individuals with the same outlook, this is hard to do, as sometimes coverage becomes difficult to manage. Also, bringing in this team membership program allows us to involve our followers, communities, and people we reach. We will be able to produce nightly weather updates on GreeneWX.com, more frequent weather updates throughout the day, and more in-depth forecast discussions using data provided to us. (We do NOT make our own forecast – we are not the NWS)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for local individuals with the same love for the weather as us; who can understand our geography and want to provide dependable weather access to the people we serve.
GreeneWX main focus is reliability and dependability – we are not interested in people that look at their weather app and go “hmm. it’s going to rain”. We want people who understand the weather, have good knowledge of radar information and products and understand how models work and what the products mean. We also want people with a good sense of professionalism, and can of course be grammatically correct (not perfect, but don’t use unnecessary abbreviations).
- Current NWS Skywarn or SpotterNetwork training and verification.
- Level2 radar source: Grlevel2, WSV3 (Our #1), RadarOmega, or Radarscope.
- 16 years or older.
- Must live within the GreeneWX Coverage Area. (If you don’t know our area, you probably don’t qualify)
- A laptop or desktop computer.*
- Internet with 20 MB/S Download speed and 2 MB/S Upload speed.** (Test your speed)
- Can produce detailed weather information.
- Have a good measure of contact. (Email, phone number, or Twitter)
- Understand the use of Pivotal Weather and/or other weather forecast websites. (Accuweather does not count)
*While mobile devices are ok, we prefer to use them as little as possible.
**This is to prevent delayed tweets. For example, you hit send and it takes 5 minutes to publish.
If you fail to meet any requirement, you are not qualified – though you can contact us to discuss possible solutions. Email: email@example.com
What happens when I become a team member?
You will first go through a very strict trial phase, granting access only to GreeneWX.com where your post will need to be verified before publishing for 1-4 weeks. Later on, you will eventually be granted access to @greenewx_TN on Twitter and gain the following:
- Our fully automated graphics: Current Conditions, Feels like, Windspeed, Humidity, etc.
- Backend access to GreeneCam Network. Live views, time-laps control/making, etc.
- Much more.
We look forward to growing our team while keeping the people we serve our #1 priority – all day, every day. While we went through the “do’s” here are the wrongs:
- Never engage in political activities, arguments, or discussions under the GreeneWX account.
- Never “follow for follow” – we are not stars; our followers are to come naturally and independently.
- Never make argumentative, sexual, or PG-13+ posts under the GreeneWX account. We are weather – nothing more.
- Never make nasty or snarky comments to other people under the GreeneWX account.
- Never like or comment on a sexual, violent, political, etc post from another user. Use your own account.
- More that will be discussed later on.
Do you have any questions? Email or DM us!
Ready to dive in? Take the test!